Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tempted...

Tempted to take all my medium/worsted weight or lighter yarn and just start making a blanket, just a plain double crochet (US terminology) blanket, adding whatever color comes next, and seeing how many I'd make while listening to books or watching TV or whatnot. Just for the fun of it.

The only thing stopping me is that I've done such "patchwork blankets" before and they've turned out kinda hideous. I've recently found out how to make those rows even (you'd think I'd have had the hang of that for years but nope, just this month! *sigh*), but it'd probably still look awful...well, maybe unless I only put the same type/weight/intensity yarn in the grab bag. Though most of what I have in that sort of quantity is Read Heart Super Saver, which gets made into blankets a lot but isn't the softest yarn out there. (It's not the scratchiest either--that would be fisherman's wool or rug yarn :P)

What do you think? Would you be interested to see it anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment