Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Organizing! For Fun and...well...alas, no profit.

I've been organizing, crocheting, and listening to audiobooks. I'm burning through Audible credits faster than I intended to! Good thing there's an impressive audiobook selection at the post library to supplement the ones I'm paying for. (Now if the post library just had more of the Vorkosigan Saga... *sigh*)

Anyhow, here's one side of my office/library/workspace type room that is pretty much all organized at this point:

wire shelves in my work space, filled with yarn, unfinished projects, and scrapbooking stuff

I'm planning on moving the stackable drawer elsewhere and scooting the desk to the left so I don't have to clutter the desk with scrapbooking stuff (except the sticker box, apparently, which is still on my desk, as I just now noticed :P). And now all the yarn's out of the bedroom, which means I don't have to wake up Chris like I did sometimes when I had a smaller set of that kind of shelving there for storage.

Those Frappucino bottles were originally saved to be made into candles, but I think it's gonna be quite awhile before I get to that project, so I'm using them to hold beads. Rather convenient, actually. And I still have the lids so I can take them elsewhere without spilling them all over the place.

wire shelves in my work space with yarn, unfinished projects, and scrapbooking stuff on it.

Between setting up those shelves, balling lots of yarn, and my most recent scarf, I think what's on the back of my right hand now is a small subdermal hematoma. I get bruises all the time (though usually on my shoulders and shins, since they only exist to find furniture in the dark :P), but this looks beneath my somewhat translucent skin (thanks, Uncle Sam, for those three years in Alaska, you jerk!), not on top of it. Fizzy says it's probably just another bruise and to call it an "honourable wound." So prolly I just will. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment