Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

Small Blankie Layout

Project: Red-white-and-blue blankie
Yarns used: Red, white, and blue strands of Red Heart Super Saver Yarn, and one strand of some really soft fuzzy white yarn that's been discontinued

This is actually the third incarnation of this yarn. The original plan was to make it into a comforter, and after awhile I realized that I'd made it waaaaay to long even for the long side! So I unraveled the whole thing (it took a couple of hours just to do the unraveling!) and started over. I'd also done uneven rows the first time so it was probably for the best.

After awhile I got tired of doing that, and it was at the time that I'd just learned how to do the basic granny squares like on the Tetris Blanket, and squares are a lot easier and less cumbersome to make, so I unraveled the blanket again and made squares. I wound up having enough material for twenty-one squares. I couldn't well make three nine-square blankets with just 21 squares (I wanted to get more of the fuzzy white yarn but I couldn't find them anywhere in Fairbanks. The husband and I are moving to New York later in the year--we're an army family--so maybe I can find some there and use it for something else),...so I used the yarn from those to put the two blankets I could make together. Pictures of those once I find them.


Meet Fatso the blankie model! Actually, this is Fatso the Fat-Arsed Wombat. He's a gift from Fizzy, my besty-best friend who lives in Australia. She sent me Fatso while my husband was deployed so I'd have something to cuddle while I was all alone in Alaska. (Husband got back last September, and snuggly as he is, I still sleep with Fatso when our sleep schedules don't overlap.)


Fatso again. He's so adorable, isn't he? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment