Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

More practice pieces. Because I like to, yanno, experiment. ^_~

Oh, look. More squares. :P

The multicolored ones (the black/white/gray are Red Heart Super Saver, the other is...I don't remember the brand, but it's softer and a bit heavier) are mistakes (the correct ones are set aside for blanket-making). Without meaning to I'd went and done a "spiral," which didn't work out for blocking.

The blue one is a try with Lion Brand Hometown USA yarn at making traditional granny squares. I rather like it, and I may take it out of the WTFpractice box and make more of those. It'd be an awfully thick blanket, but awfully warm. Maybe checkerboard it with squares in a darker blue and make checkers pieces? :)


A try with the Lion Brand organic cotton yarn used in the Mommy Blanket, but I didn't like how the squares would look so instead I did the Never-Ending Granny Blanket (YouTube; automatic audio), which worked much better.

The red-white-and-blue circle thing is an experiment from when I first started making the scrunchies. I thought I might be able to make a stretchy scrunchie using three colors, not at the same time. And...it didn't stretch. Yeah. Fail. :P (All three colors are Red Heart Super Saver yarn)

And that blue/green thingy made from Red Heart Kids' yarn is my very very first attempt at actual knitting (as in, not loom knitting). Clearly I need practice, but not too bad for a first try, huh?


The round thing was supposed to be a skirt, but I messed up too badly to correct and finished it off. It's Marble yarn (the same stuff I made one beanie and am working on another from--it was a gift but luckily I can find more at one of the yarn boutique stores in Fairbanks, Northern Threads), acrylic, very soft and stretchy. If I could stand having anything on the front of my neck it'd make a great sort of scarf you don't have to keep putting back in place.

The smaller piece is my very first attempt at using any of the Knifty Knitter looms. I used the flower loom because I liked it better than the spool loom for making braided tube scarves. (I also used the flower loom to make the poof in the Waldo Hat. ^_^)


I made this after looking at scrumbles (and I'd just learned the word) at Ravelry.com. I was planning to add ruffles somewhere but then I got into this idea for a slanted ruffly skirt and the first attempt at that will be up in a couple of days. :)


Another view:

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment